Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bar Close

It's 2 am and I've finally gotten a little bit of sleep. It has been a rough night. By about 10pm, my foot pain was unbearable and the pills were seeming to have absolutely no affect on the pain. I added 800mg of Ibuprofen, but that did not help either. I was contemplating going into the ER and either getting a shot or being admitted and getting morphine. I called the on-call nurse from the surgery center to ask her opinion on what to do. She had my surgeon call me back. He told me to take 2 more Percocet immediately and see if that helped. If not, he explained that I could go to the ER or hold out until morning when he could prescribe another pain medication that may prove more effective. Luckily the extra dose of Percocet put the pain back into a much more managed state. That was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. I guess the point here is that you must try to stay ahead of the pain at all times as it can quickly get out of control and become unbearable. First lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. we learned a lot about pain over the years. remember do not try and block the pain just except it and move through it. laughing helps

    ReplyDelete