Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day One

Didn't get a lot of sleep last night. No pain really, just uncomfortable from having to lay flat on my back and have my foot up all the time. The nerve block started to wear off about 7:30 this morning. Pain increased dramatically and has become quite intense. I started taking two pain pills every 4 hours. The pain is still intense, but it is manageable. It is the constant deep bone pain, much like the pain I had from arthritis, but a bit deeper and covers the entire foot, heal, and ankle areas. Some what afraid to get up to go to the bathroom as I am thinking the rush of blood is going to cause increased pain. Probably will go when I take my next set of pain pills in about 45 minutes. I'm not a big pain pill person and like to stay off of them as much possible, but I really don't want to get behind the pain on this. I think I am just going to keep taking my two pills every 4 hours for at least the next couple days. No reason to be miserable. I am still icing every 2 hours and trying to keep myself busy. So glad i have a laptop. I am moving my toes around a bit and sometimes it seems to help with some of the pain.

I have spent a lot of the day looking up alternative options to crutches and am definitely thinking about getting a knee walker. Seem like they are much more stable and easier to get around on. I'm thinking I will definitely look a little funny and maybe take some flack at work, but I figure that's better than having sore armpits and possibly slipping and falling in the parking lot.


1 comment:

  1. i dig the knee walker. mom had something similar, i dont know if she still has it but i can look into it so u dont have to buy one. let me know!

    ReplyDelete