Monday, January 3, 2011

1 Week Down

Well it's finally one week down and only 11 more to go, at least till I can start trying to walk normally. I've lived by myself for over a year now and I realize again why I moved out when I was living with someone last time. No privacy at all. Not really anyone's fault, but not being able to just be on my own and do my own thing is getting old. I love driving and I won't be able to do that for a while either, but all in all I am very thankful for the help and everything seems to be going as well as it could. I went to the doctor today for my first follow-up, which turned out great. Silly me forgot to bring my phone along so I could take some wonderfully gross pictures of the stitched incisions on my foot and leg. They were pretty nasty looking and there was still a bit of swelling, but I was told that it looked pretty good. The nurse was gorgeous, but of course married or engaged. Just more delay to my dream of marrying a beautiful and successful woman. LOL. I should probably work on getting handsome and successful myself first. And that's really what getting my foot done was all about. I wanted to be aesthetically pleasing to a potential mate. Totally kidding, but it sure can't hurt. So anyways, I forgot to get the printouts of my x-rays, which looked pretty awesome, so I will have quite a few pictures to post after my next appointment on the 17th. Also, I got a hard cast put on today, which I got in green for the Packers playoff run and so that my niece could draw all over it like I promised.

I did find out some seemingly very good news today. The doctor told me that I only needed to be completely zero weight bearing for another 6 weeks, and then it sounds like I will be able to slowly start putting weight back on my foot. That is far less than the 13 weeks I was expecting. Hoping everything heals well and that actually works out. Also, no pain pills today and only took 3 Tylenol tonight, but that was mostly for my headache.

Today I taught my Dad and Mom how to use Skype video chat. It only took 4 hours and lots of flow charts, but we finally made it through. Not sure what it is about most people over 50 and technology, but it's like they are completely incompatible. Sort of like Mac and PC used to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment