Friday, January 14, 2011

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

It has been a few days since I have posted anything. I have been super tired when I get home from work. I think the drive cause more sleepiness than the 4 hours of work.

My foot has been pretty good and seems to be feeling better every day. Monday will be three weeks since surgery and I will get my cast off and stitches taken out. I get another fiberglass cast put on and I think I have about 5 more weeks of zero weight bearing. I also get my scooter today finally. I know I am going to look like a huge dork riding this thing, but I really think it will make getting around a lot easier and more stable than crutches. That may prove quite important as people non-handicapped people keep parking in the handicapped spots at work, and no one says a word. Looks like I will just keep parking right in front of the building.

So all I have heard about for the last week is the Tucson, Arizona shootings. While I think this is a very sad thing and am completely sickened that anyone would commit such a terrible crime, I am also very bothered that this is getting so much more press than any other shooting. It just goes to show that the government and media value a congresswoman's life more than the average person. I mean 20 people could be shot tomorrow, but as long as there is no high profile person in that group, there would be limited press. I guarantee there wouldn't be daily updates about one of the victims opening their eyes or starting to respond to commands. Our government and media are so disgusting. Unless you're rich or famous, you are just another number. Hundreds are murdered daily in the US, and nothing changes. One judge and one congresswoman get targeted, and now there is a huge problem. Just awful!!

On a good note, I have seen the greatest commercial ever. Kevin Bacon in the Google TV commercial. My dad was telling me how funny this commercial was for the last few days. Last night he finally figured out that the actor in the commercial was actually Kevin Bacon. LOL. Now he thinks it is even funnier. This is definitely a genius and hilarious idea for a commercial. Check it out below.

"My favorite Kevin Bacon movie has to be a tie between....Aahh....All of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment