Sunday, January 9, 2011

Packers are going to kill me......

Boy oh boy, what a game! I am really happy the Packers won, but man they need to stop giving teams a chance to pull it off at the end. I just don't get the changing of game plans once they get up by 10 points. Maybe if they were up 21 in the 4th quarter I could see it. They gotta start helping out their defense at the end of the game. I think McCarthy needs to take the "Run up the score" chapter out of Belichick's book. Keep on doing what's working and stop changing the game plan. I honestly think that the Atlanta game is going to be super close, but if they win, I think they will blow out Chicago or Seattle to get into the Superbowl.

Packer fans are so lucky to have had a team that has been so good for so long. Every year we honestly have a chance to get to the post season, and more so get to the Superbowl. I mean, just look at the 49'ers and Bills. These teams have been bad for over 15 years, ever since Kelly and Young left. And then you have the Lions, who have been bad for 20-30 years, except when they went 12-4 in 1991. I mean, seriously, how much would that suck to have to go through every season like that? I feel for the 70's and 80's Packer fans, but my generation has seen almost 20 years of pretty excellent football.

Totally off the football topic, but lately I have been trying to think about which century (19th, 20th, or 21st) provided the best opportunity to having a great life. I really haven't been able to come up with a solid answer because there are so many pluses and minuses for every generation. I think it's all dependent upon personality and work ethic. I think life has been getting easier and easier, but being able to afford the things that make life easier has been getting harder and harder. I don't see that changing. I think there are going to be so many new technological advances by 2100. I think they are going to truly be life changing, such as the type of change that took place from the invention of the Airplane, the refrigerator, and toilets/sewer systems. I'm not sure what they will be, but I am truly excited to see how life is later in the 2000's. That is if we don't all perish or end up on a charred or frozen earth after 2012.

Speaking of 2012, I ran across a website that actually sells shelters made specifically to save you from the possible events of 2012. This is an actual, legit construction company. There is also a part of this site that shows locations where a bunch of these shelters will be built as communities. At this point there are 10 locations around the world. This is pretty amazing actually, and makes me wonder if the government has shelters like this for the president and other super important American figures. I bet they do. Follow this link if you are interested in looking at these. They are quite impressive. 2012 Shelters and Communities

Anyways, I finally start work tomorrow. I am guess the 4 hours will go quick. Then I go get a Temporary Handicapped Parking Placard. Also, my physical therapist (Ryan Tully) would be extremely happy with me today as I finally was able to go up the stairs the correct way, just using crutches. Somehow I really think I will be in better shape after recovering from this surgery, than I was before having it. That would be nice, but I really need to keep that going then.

I am going to end my post with one of the greatest runs I have ever seen that wasn't a rerun.

No comments:

Post a Comment